Monday, February 15, 2010

Menu Plan Monday


I haven't posted our weekly menus in a long time, but since this is a big week for holidays, I thought it would be fun to jump back into it.

Sunday (Valentine's Day, Chinese New Year AND my father's birthday)--about a jillion options for celebratory food, but alas, I was under the weather and we had uber-romantic Subway sandwiches. It's probably just as well, though, because I would not have been able to decide between whether to go romantic or ethnic or Terry-style. (Note: that last link takes you to Paula Deen's recipe. That is not how my mama does it. I have never tried Paula's recipe; it's probably good, as she is Paula Deen, but my mama's is the best in the world. I am so sorry I can't share her recipe with you, dear internet.)

Monday (President's Day)--Chicago style pizza (Get it? I crack myself up!)

Tuesday (Mardi Gras)--red beans & rice with cornbread and sauteed spinach...Laissez les bon temps rouler!

Wednesday--spaghetti & meatballs with homemade Italian bread. (We're starting to study Europe and will be doing a Top Secret kit on Italy.)

Thursday--eating out after Tae Kwon Do

Friday--Chicken Cordon Bleu (We'll be studying French Impressionists this week. And also probably watching Julie and Julia. Again.)

If you want more menu ideas than your brain can grasp, check out orgjunkie.com

1 comment:

Susan said...

WOW! I'm so impressed with your theme week.