Saturday, March 06, 2010

Paging Nurse Ratched

So if you're wondering why I haven't been blogging, I've been nursing my husband back to health for the last couple of weeks. He had surgery on his knee to repair a torn miniscus. (Side note: I find it fascinating that the way they REPAIR a torn miniscus is to CUT OFF the torn part. I just can't wrap my brain around that idea. Doesn't that mean it is, in effect, still torn? I mean, it's not reconnected--right? Guess it's a good thing I'm not a knee doctor.)

Anyway, Scott enjoyed some excellent general anesthesia and came into the recovery room with this on his brain.

He sang it over and over and over. What made it really funny is that Scott's body is a temple. He rarely eats fast food of any kind, and never eats at McDonald's if there is any other option. Paying for food at McDonald's makes him mad. But even he is not immune to their advertising.

The next day, the children were at church for Wednesday night activities. Katie wanted her class to pray for Scott's recovery. Her teacher asked what kind of surgery he'd had (Brave teacher--no telling what kind of answer she might have gotten!) and then asked what was wrong with his knee. Katie shrugged and said, "He's old."

Her teacher was still laughing when she tracked me down on Sunday to repeat it.




No comments: