Wednesday, July 02, 2008

I've heard of the Bat Phone and a Shoe Phone...

OK, one thing you should know about me is this: I'm not known for being a morning person. Another thing you should know is that my children do not take after me on this. It's tragic, really. I'm at my worst when they're at their chipper little best, and vice versa.

One morning not long ago, as I was stumbling groggily around the kitchen trying to get breakfast together for Will & Katie, I slowly became aware that they were both yammering away. "One at a time, please; one at a time," I mumbled, reaching for cereal bowls.

"Oh, it's okay, Mommy," Katie assured me. "Only William is talking to you. I'm talking to my friend on my cell phone."

"Huh? Your cell phone?"

"No," she said, trying to enunciate more clearly. "My cell phone."

"Oh. Got it. Your telephone."

"NO," she said, clearly getting exasperated. "My CELL PHONE."

"Your...?"

"My BELLE PHONE!" She held it up, so I could see for myself.


Oh, of course. How silly of me.

No comments: