Saturday, March 22, 2008

Bold Bright card revisited


This was a really fun combination of colors to play with, so I went ahead and used the pieces I had left from Katrice's birthday card to make a "happy Spring" card. I didn't have any solid red ribbon but this polka dot ribbon matched perfectly. Easy solution: put the plain side up, polka dot side down. Brilliant! Until I wanted to tie a bow. This is simply proof that I need more ribbon. And more sentiment stamps; I know there are Spring sentiments out there and I have none. I'm really digging the butterfly in this stamp set. I even stamped a flock of butterflies on the envelope. (A flock? That sounds so...heavy.) And guess what? If you use a stamp-a-ma-jig, you can get perfect placement of the outline every time. Guess who completely forgot about her stamp-a-ma-jig while making the card itself? It's all good, though--just another reason to try (yet again) to improve my version of this card.

No comments: