Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A few recent craft projects

I first noticed these altered folders at SplitCoast in Janet Hunnicutt's gallery, which I can't figure out how to link to, so check out her blog instead! (instructions here on SplitCoast) I absolutely couldn't wait to make one. I used a paper kit from Close to My Heart called "Rowdy" and I'm going to use this folder to put together a low-stress scrapbook of Will's kindergarten year of homeschool. I may also put together another one for recipes I use all the time. It would be nice to have all my crock-pot recipes in one place, for example. Any ideas for other uses?


This is a quickie-project the kids and I did for one of their friends. Will stamped the spiders and Katie stamped the "boo" all over the ribbon (and the table, and herself) in white craft ink. We filled it with candy, of course! (This is a cute idea that's been around for a while. I was first introduced to it by my friend Terry, then re-introduced through this blog. You can see her instructions here)

Now that I've finally unearthed my Cropodile and a few other scrapping tools, I am looking forward to scrapping and stamping more regularly. A handful of tools got packed in an odd box when we moved and I didn't want to scrap without them, but neither did I want to go looking through random boxes for them! I guess I had so much stuff crammed in that room that the movers couldn't tell "craft" items from "office" items. Seriously, who packs a Cropodile, QuicKutz hand tool and two stamping wheel handles in with the ancient bank statements and old magazine clippings??

2 comments:

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Hey Wendy, I love your altered file folder! I made one today too, I guess we're on the same kick here! Thanks for linking from your blog to mine.

Growing Hearts said...

Love your projects! How do you like your Cropodile? I have a Silent Setter, and am not sure if I like it or not.

I saw the folder idea at the Stampin' Up regional conference I went to earlier this year. The demonstrator had made a recipe book of her mom's and/or grandmother's recipes. She also included pictures of her mom/grandmother with the recipes. It was so neat.