Sunday, July 22, 2007

Little pitchers have big ears

I've always spoken very directly with Will & Katie, and anybody who knows me at all knows that I can be colorful in the way I express myself. What I mean is, even though we don't spank, I tend to threaten all kinds of craziness when they misbehave. Things like, "You are embarrassing me with this beastly behavior, and if you don't knock it off--and I mean right now--I am going to embarrass you," or "If you don't stop running around like a decapitated chicken, I am going to staple you to the wall." Since they have the same sense of humor that I do, we usually all have a laugh and the tension is broken.

Today on the way to church, Katie got that old favorite: "I want to hear some quiet right now or I will knock you into the middle of next week." And on the way to the commissary, when Will tried to side with Scott on a debate, I told him that when I wanted his opinion, I would squeeze his neck.

My mom constantly warns me that Will & Katie are listening to everything and will probably repeat it. She's right; I know she's right. Just a little while ago, Katie informed me in no uncertain terms that she was going to "squeeze my neck in the middle of the week!!" Yes, dear, I'll be looking forward to that.

1 comment:

Mom to the Beech Bunch said...

OH MY! That is absolutely too funny!!! Well, while she is busy squeezing your neck next week, I'll be listing my kids on ebay (again!).