Sunday, October 15, 2006

The things they say...

"It's YOUR job to read the book. It's MY job to lay here. So let's just both do our jobs, okay?"
--William, when I was trying to get him to sound out some words during his bedtime story.

"You are the worst mommy ever!!"
--Katie, repeatedly.

"My love you so much, Mommy."
--Katie, just often enough!

"Aw, you got the cold shoulder, huh?"
--William, in a sympathetic voice after a chill ran through me.

"Mommy, I love you, but I don't like to get kisses. I love Nana, and I love Terry, and I love my mommy, and I love my daddy, but I don't like kisses." [Mommy points out that Katie had just given me a kiss, Katie thinks for a minute.] "Well, that's different."
--Katie

"If I was making a commercial for Chili's, I would make sure this was in it."
William, about a plate of KRAFT mac & cheese served in a restaurant.

"Amigo, what does that mean?" [I explain it's Spanish for friend]. "Ahhh, so JB and John are my amigos."
--William

"ooooh, your bow is PRETTY, Daddy!"
--Katie, seeing Scott in his Mess Dress after a banquet.

I am wracking my brain trying to come up with one other William quote I wanted to preserve for posterity. It happened the same night that Scott had the ALS banquet...what WAS it??!

No comments: