Friday, October 13, 2006

Rat on a wheel

"They" warned me that the temptation would be to jump into too many activities. It's the classic rookie homeschooler mistake. In my defense, it's really sneaky the way things pile up. Archery lessons on Monday afternoons for 6 weeks--very doable. Add in MOPs on four of those Mondays, Pampered Chef parties on two of those Mondays, a doctor's appointment on one, and you see why my eye is twitching. At this moment, I have something--and usually two or three somethings--written on my calendar every single day for the rest of the month, except next Wednesday the 18th. It has NOTHING, and even though the library group is meeting that day, and even though I desperately need a haircut and even though Michelle works on Wednesdays, I am determined to keep that day completely unscheduled.

I know that I really need to jetison some activities and have more downtime. My blood pressure is contantly up, I'm having migraines every time I turn around, and let's not even talk about the insomnia. Archery will be finish up a week or two into November, so if I can keep from adding another activity in its place, maybe things will settle down enough to have a little breathing room. (As birthday and holiday season kicks off?? Right.)

Just really need to find some balance between what I need to do, what I want to do, what other people need me to do, and what other people want me to do!

1 comment:

Mama Nirvana said...

Hang in there, Wendy! I am constantly amazed at how busy I feel even though I quit my job. Homeschoolers amaze me!

Amy