Sunday, October 08, 2006

September Roundup

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
"How I Stole Her Husband” by Liz Ireland. Talk about a guilty pleasure! Total beach-read. It started out being set in Dallas, and it was fun for me to catch little references to Presbyterian Hospital (where I was born) and Hockaday (a super-exclusive girl's school).


What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?
Dancing With The Stars has been the only thing I consciously plan to watch on TV. William watches it with me, which increases my enjoyment significantly. That kid is hilarious.
Angie and Blake invited us to see “Open Season” in 3-D at the IMAX theater in St. Louis. Scott and I also saw Gridiron Gangs, which I don’t recall as being just phenomenal, but yet I have to admit to crying at the end.

What special days did I celebrate and how?
September 11 marked the 5th anniversary of, well, September 11. MOPS kicked off the year that day, so I was juggling feelings of sadness over the anniversary with feelings of excitement over starting MOPS and seeing my friends.

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
I had people over three times this month. I really love doing that! We also went to Six Flags, probably for the last time this season. That makes me sad, so maybe we can sneak one more in. It will be a long shot. William & I took a homeschool fieldtrip to Mills Apple Farm. That was really, really fun! So we took Nana & Katie back that weekend. We have a LOT of apples now!!

We have been active in the Scott AFB Homeschool Group. Besides the field trip, we’ve been going to PE every week at the Youth Center, and I attended the monthly meeting. I got so whooped up there that I signed on for several additional activities, but that’s a separate post!

MOPS started this month, and Lona, Jamie and I, along with our mentor mom Jill, met up for coffee and dessert at Café Dolce. Everyone in our group is very nice. I hope they are able to get used to me & Lona!!

Hands-Down, Most Thrilling Moment of the Month:
I got an email from Stacy Julian, saying she liked my layout about First Baptist Church. I was high for days.

No comments: