Friday, September 02, 2011

Daybook September 2, 2011


For today, Friday, September 2, 2011

Outside my window... it's hot. It's dry. Enough said about that.
I am hearing... Will and Katie are working on their math assignments right now, so I only hear the whir of the fan and the scratch of pencils on paper.
I am thinking... that my phone has gone AWOL (with a dead battery, of course) and I'm going to be in a world of hurt if I don't find it quick.
I am thankful for... AIR CONDITIONING!!
I am wearing... a brown skirt and white tank top
From the learning rooms.... School is back in full-swing, and it is going to be a great year! We are studying Rome to the Reformation in history. Will loves it; Katie hasn't quite decided yet. I can really tell that our work over the summer paid off--their basic skills are much stronger this year and their confidence is nice and high,
I am creating.... I haven't scrapbooked in weeks. :(  I've still been scouring Pinterest and finding all kinds of creative ideas. Actually, I've tried a number of the ideas with varying success. (Let's just say the tie-dye swirled manicure where you float polish in water and dip your nails in was an unmitigated fiasco.) I hope that I'll have time this weekend to download first-day-of-school pictures from my camera and maybe do something scrappy with them.
From the kitchen... It's Friday, so we're making pizza. Everybody has their own highly-customized version. Right now I like pepperoni, artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers and garlic. Mmmmm!


Around the house...  Things are running fairly smoothly, given that we're in the midst of back-to-school chaos. I'm keeping up the day-to-day stuff surprisingly well, but no guesses on when I'll have the time/inclination to tackle the backlog of clutter and projects.
Looking ahead this week: Football starts!! Will is on the same team with his best bud so it's going to be fantastic!  Katie is also playing a sport through the Y this year--volleyball. We don't know yet who is on her team but she is plenty excited to get started.

A picture to share:
No, we don't have a new kitty, but after 7 years, I'm starting to feel ready. Katie saw me looking at kitty profiles on the Humane Society website and saw one she loved. "Look how cute! Get that one, he's winking at the camera!!" I didn't have the heart to tell her that he only had one eye. Is it bad that I laughed? 

No comments: