Monday, April 19, 2010

A quick daybook

For today, Monday, April 19th

Outside my window... the house is hot this morning, so we have the door to the deck open to let the cool air in. Apparently the neighbors opted to run the air conditioning, because I hear it humming like white noise.

I am hearing... Two sirens are wailing somewhere south of here. Will is working on division facts for the four family; Katie is counting by fives. (And, yes, having both done at the same time is making my eye twitch.)

I am thinking... there are only "three more sleeps" until I see my best girlfriends!!!

I am thankful for... the opportunity to sit down and write this, right now.

I am wearing... workout shorts and a t-shirt. Unfortunately, you can't read anything into that.

I am reading... A Homemade Life by Molly Wizenburg, which makes me want to forsake all other activities and just cook.

From the learning rooms... We are learning about Kenya and grasslands, about Noah and rainbows, about /oo/ spelled "ew" and--in different ways--skip counting.

I am creating.... packaging. Photos to come later this week.

Pondering these words... "If you're always ready, you ain't ever got to get ready." Will Smith

From the kitchen... tonight's dinner is teriyaki chicken with rice and broccoli. Wouldn't Jamie Oliver be proud. ;)

Around the house... Something important to me has gone missing so this afternoon will likely be dedicated to finding it. Cross your fingers, because I'm not feeling real hopeful.

Looking ahead this week: So much to do!! I'm so excited about my trip that it's going to be hard to concentrate on the regular daily grind between now and then. Maybe I should write a couple of things down to make sure they don't slip through the cracks!!




No comments: