Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Joys of homeschool, part 874

OK, so I was teaching Will about adding -ed to words. I had never really stopped to think that -ed makes three different sounds: -ed (painted), -t (worked) and -d (rained). Will wasn't feeling 100% healthy, and I was trying to help him along as much as possible by covering the -ed with my finger so he would first see the root word and then showing him the -ed. I was also saying, "Today I smile; yesterday I..." and he would supply "smiled."

"Today I help; yesterday I... "

"Helped."

"Today I jump; yesterday I..."

"Jumped."

"Today I rock; yesterday I..."

"Rolled."

What am I going to do with this child??

4 comments:

Joyful Days said...

That was fabulous. He would fit in well with my guys!

Susan said...

I think you're doing it---cataloguing the "early days" for the documentary that is bound to be produced later in his life.

Mama Said said...

ROFL! I love it! I was playing catch up on your blog and loved, loved, loved the 3 random things! Your calendar situation sounds exactly like me except we were stuck on Tuesday! Now that we've moved, I don't think I'm even gonna put that part up again. It just made me feel guilty every time I looked at it. Anyway, I enjoy reading your blog!

Growing Hearts said...

Love it. He is so funny!!