Friday, March 14, 2008

Lots of March birthday cards!






I've had the opportunity to make a few birthday cards in the last couple of weeks. My Stampin' Up! papers have gotten a "little" disorganized, so once I found 3 sheets that coordinated, I stuck with that color combination. (It's Barely Banana, Certainly Celery and Rose Red.) For the third card, I knew it absolutely had to use the Bold Bright colors so I found Tempting Turquoise, a YoYo Yellow scrap and a Real Red scrap. (And black; I always have tons of black cardstock for scrapbooking.) I'm going to be playing with that color combination again. I always seem to learn something that makes the next card or project come out a little better.

We had homeschool club this morning, and the kids were studying botany. (Botany!! Sheesh! I don't remember any botany until about 7th grade science.) Anyway, during the down time, I was reading Ali Edwards' Life Artist book. (I love, love, love the book and the concept behind it, but something about the title makes my eye twitch.) In the forward, she writes that she hopes the book will give us the urge to create something. Oh, yeah, baby, it did. One way or another, I'm going to sneak in some scrapbook or stamping time this weekend! 'Cause I'm a Life Artist and all.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

They look great. I would love to stamp, although I know that scrapbooking and I will never be friendly.

Growing Hearts said...

Wendy, I love your cards! Are you as addicted to Stampin Up as I am?? LOL!