Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A couple of Katie stories

Katie has been cracking me up this week, so I thought I'd share a few gems with you.

* We're studying the letter O this week. One of her worksheets is straightforward handwriting practice--a couple of rows of capital O's, a couple of rows of lower case o's, and then a row of other letters as a review. O being one of the least complicated letters , I felt confident she'd blast through the page with no problem, so I turned around and spent the time reserving books at our library's website. "All done!" she chirped. I turned around and every single O had a smiley face and hair.

* Katie is our youngest and has allll the hallmarks of the baby of the family. She uses her status as youngest to her advantage when we're working ("But I'm a little kid, Mommy!") but also tries to play the other end when it suits her. ("Big kids can go to a sleepover/fly by themselves to their Nana's/stay up as late as they want, and I'm a big kid.") Just now she decided she needs some new clothes and told me to go to bigkids.com and order her some. Ninety seconds later she was asking if she could go play computer games, also at bigkids.com. Before I had a chance to explain that you can't just add "dot com" to the end of just any random thing, she said, "Why don't you go to babysitter.com and find somebody to come play while you and Daddy go to dinner?" Hey, I like the sound of that!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You have to love a child who thinks outside of the box.

And also twists things to her satisfaction.

It was thoughtful of her to offer the babysitter.com website!!

Creativity, ingenuity, and selflessness.. I want children like that!