Monday, December 03, 2007

Menu Plan Monday, week of December 3



Monday -- Lasagne with salad and garlic bread. The lasagne is in the freezer. I'm just giddy that it's ready to go. My new rule is never to make just one lasagne...always, always, always make two.

Tuesday -- Burgers with macaroni and cheese

Wednesday -- out to eat/church

Thursday -- Crunchy chicken strips, rice

Friday -- Pasties (Yeah, I know we just had these, but they turned out so good that I already want to have them again!)

Saturday -- I'm instituting a theme night, which I hope will become as popular as our Sunday tradition of breakfast for dinner. This week's theme is Southern Comfort Food: my mom's fried chicken, mashed potatoes, greens and homemade banana pudding. But uh-oh, bad news for me. (any Junie B. Jones fans out there?) I just remembered that Saturday is the holiday party at Scott's office, and I'll be eating whatever the *opposite* of Southern Comfort Food is. Scott's already admitted that the dessert is peach cobbler. Before anybody thinks that's a good thing, let me first say that I hate peach cobbler more than anything I can think of. Even some vegetables. I am completely serious: I like brussels sprouts more (much more) than I like peach cobbler. I threatened to boycott the party over this, but Scott said I have to go, because he's the head of the planning committee. (How can you be the head of the committee and have no control over the dang dessert, that's what I would like to know!!) I guess I'll bump this to another night; probably after we get back from Illinois.

Sunday--Breakfast for dinner

Don't forget to peruse the other menu plans at www.orgjunkie.com!

5 comments:

Windows Wide Open said...

LOL, I hear ya--the head of the committee should have some say!!

Your menu looks good--love the Sunday breakfast tradition :)

I didn't post a menu plan this week, but I'm still enjoying everyone else's!

~~

michelle said...

I can't wait to see you! Only one more week. I hope that you and Katie had wonderful birthday's!

Blessed Beyond a doubt.... said...

We too have been doing breakfast for dinner on Sunday.

http://tonsofsons.wordpress.com/

Mama Nirvana said...

I will remember to not ever serve peach cobbler in your presence. I have to admit that it seems like a very strange holiday party dessert. Someone on the committee must love it.

Amy

Alyson and Ford said...

I love the Sunday Breakfast for dinner theme. We may copy you....

Alyson
LID 01/27/06