Monday, November 12, 2007

Menu Plan Monday

I am spectacularly unprepared for our meals this week. I planned out what we would eat, but haven't been to the store. I figured I would go today, but guess what? No commissary on Veteran's Day. I think I'll run down to Giant and pick up enough to get through dinner tonight and then hit the commissary tomorrow.

Monday - Ground beef pasties with potatoes and carrots. Scott's not going to be totally thrilled with this, but I just realized (between the first paragraph and this one, if you can believe that) that I can make pasties without going to the store. I had never heard of pasties (it rhymes with nasties, by the way, not what you're thinking!) until I tasted them for the first time just before we left Montana. My friend Lisa brought them over while we were in the middle of moving and they were so delicious.

Tuesday - Scott's favorite crock-pot chicken with peppered green beans

Wednesday - out at church

Thursday - spaghetti and meatballs with fresh bread

Friday - Crunchy chicken and rice, macaroni & cheese (My parents will be here!)

Saturday - flank steak with potatoes

Sunday - Breakfast for dinner

Laura at www.orgjunkie.com hosts this meme and if you head over to her blog, you'll see jillions upon jillions of plans.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wendy, I think your menu sounds great! And I never realized that pasties was pronounced that way, I thought it pronounced with a long "a" sound....glad to know I was wrong :) I've always just called them pocket sandwiches, so that I didn't have to make my husband or other adults embarrased at having to say the name of the yummy dinner :)

Jamie said...

Wow, you know what a pasty is!??!? I'm from the UP of MI (originally) and I swear thats where the originated;) I didn't know they had them in Montana! I LOVE them and have to have them every time I go home. I've never tried to make them myself...they just seem like too much work!

I'd love to share my recipe with you. I've never made it before so I hope it turns out well! Email me at zjmleko@cableone.net and I'll send it to ya!

Jamie said...

Ooohhhh I see you're an AF family too! We are too!!! We're in MS, at Keesler.

Dovey said...

Hi! Thanks for commenting on my blog. You're a Ron Paul fan too? That's even better! I gather from your post that you're military. What branch and where are you stationed? My brother serves in the Army Rangers, stationed at Fort Benning. I LOVE pasties! I'm from MI, and my mom orders them from a mom-and-pop store every time we go home. They're the best! I'll have to try to make them sometime.

Wendy said...

I love it breakfast for dinner!

Nicole said...

Great menu Wendy! Hope you are doing well. :)