Monday, June 11, 2007

A new imaginary friend

Out of nowhere, Katie has invented a new cousin. Her name is--get this--Hallelujah.

She just found a picture of her actual cousin Mary, and brought it to me, announcing that she'd found a picture of Hallelujah. And she wants me to call Scott at work and tell him that Katie's name is now Hallelujah, because she and her cousin Hallelujah are twins, because they love each other.

Even as I type this, Katie is standing beside me listing off everything she and Hallelujah like to do together. They like to twirl and color and watch Little Mermaid 2 and play castle and cuddle in bed together at night and play Shrek 3 and go to Hallelujah's house. In fact, Katie says firmly, we're going to Hallelujah's house today to play for a while. (I don't know how on earth I'm going to work that into today's schedule!!)

I hope Hallelujah's mommy will have a yummy snack ready when we get there.

1 comment:

Mama Nirvana said...

Does Katie need a sister? I love, love, love hearing about kids' imaginary friends. I hope John finds one.

Amy