Monday, May 14, 2007

A glimpse into my Mother's Day

I hate to brag, but yesterday was so fantastic that I'm gonna. I'm intentionally leaving out some of the fantasticness so that the local villagers won't riot. The torches just make me nervous.

After church, I was told to lay down on the couch. (Off to a good start!) William put Nacho Libre in the DVD player and proceeded to fan me, feed me Hershey kisses and massage my hands while Katie rubbed my feet. Then Katie covered me with the fuzzy blanket and kissed my cheek and William played me a song on his guitar. At that point I lost consciousness from sheer bliss, so they went outside and helped Scott weed the flower beds. When I came to, we went swimming at the Y, then came home and cleaned up and Scott took us to California Pizza Kitchen and the Cheesecake Factory at the Galleria in St. Louis. But wait, there's more!! When we got back from that, William performed a magic show for me and Katie let me color with her in her new mermaid coloring book.

It was a very, very special Mother's Day around here, and I hope each and every one of you were equally pampered.

1 comment:

Mama Nirvana said...

Now, that's why I had children -- free massages! I'm glad you had a wonderful day. You are an awesome mother!

Amy