Sunday, November 05, 2006

Lighter reading

William and Katie picked one of my very favorites for one of their bedtime stories....The Monster At The End Of This Book Starring Loveable, Furry Old Grover. It is truly hysterical, right up there with anything by Mo Willems. Katie was laughing so hard she couldn't catch her breath and immediately demanded that I read it again. When I declined to read it a third time, she said that she would read it to me. That was precious beyond description. [Incidentally, this was also the first book that William "read" to me. I'm telling you, it is a classic read-aloud in the tradition of the Tar Baby] After Katie "read" it, William "read" it and then Katie "read" it again. They were getting more juiced up by the minute, but it was just too much fun to put a stop to.

No comments: