Wednesday, September 20, 2006

You know you wanna eat my chicken...

William and I took a picnic lunch to Longacre Park yesterday. (It was a bountiful harvest from KFC!! I think it may be the most expensive fast food there is) We were sitting there, munching and chatting about whether we would choose to live in Little Rock and visit Florida or live in Florida and visit Little Rock. And no, I'm not going to tell you what was said, because Nana, Terry and Char all read this blog, and as far as I know the Air Force doesn't, so what would be the point?

Anyway, this child about 2, maybe 2 1/2, comes up and gets rightnexttomeandmyfood. I smiled and said "hello" and "how are you," and he smiled and kept staring at our lunches. William explained to him that we were having a picnic and then *pointedly* said, "ANYWAY, Mommy, what were you saying?" I had to try really hard not to laugh. The child's mom was right there and finally she told me, "He wants a bite." Not like, "oh, haha, I guess I better start thinking about getting some lunch in my kid" but "I guess you can't tell why he's standing there, so I'll translate the body language for you." I couldn't figure out the proper response to that so I had to go with the vague, "Oh, do you like KFC? Me, too..."

Scott was rolling when I told him about it last night. He thinks that she probably went home and told her husband about the dense lady at the park that didn't know how to share.

1 comment:

Mama Nirvana said...

People are so strange sometimes -- you start to wonder if you are the weird one. I do not like anyone, even those I like, to get too close to my food. I'll have to tell you about my zoo experience sometime.

Amy