Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Praying for Kara




Let me introduce you to my incomparable friend Kara. Kara was literally the first person I met when we moved here. She's one of those people that you're just never the same after you've known her.

I got an email from Kara a few days ago that her dad's health has taken a serious turn for the worse and they were flying home from Germany. The last word I had from Kara herself was that he was going into renal failure. I got to speak briefly with John's dad before we left Little Rock, and he gave me some hope that dialysis could somehow remind his kidneys to start functioning again but said in the next breath that he hoped that Kara was able to get home in time. My heart is just breaking for my sweet friend.

Kara, I can't begin to tell you how many people are praying for you and your family right now. We love you.

No comments: