Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Am I ready to start adding pictures?

I'm just wondering if I have the capability. I scrapbooked a little tiny bit today because I saw a page I liked in the 2Peas Gallery. Upon further investigation, I found that it was part of a challenge stemming from Ali Edwards' new book about patterned paper, which I have yet to get my hands on. (Ali Edwards, if you don't know, is one cool chick and a genius to boot. Stacy Julian, Cathy Zielske and Ali Edwards--my heroes.) The point was to use completely random bits of patterned paper, which made me think of this picture because Katie's pink stripes are fighting with JB's red hat and shirt. It was a fun little page that came together fast and met the need for a creative outlet that's been *screaming* since I've been taking Stacy Julian's class at Big Picture Scrapbooking.

So, without further ado...

Oh, wait, a little more ado: I don't know yet what I'm going to write about this picture, but could Katie & JB be any cuter?? I want Maria to let him come live with us. Por favor, amiga?? Para si, marque dos. Anyway, this page is scanned 8.5x11 even though it's really 12x12, so you don't get a good sense of the placement. And I reserve the right to add a little more "something" to it tomorrow. So here they are, "Katie y JB"

1 comment:

Kara said...

Very cute page Wendy. Not only have you motivated me to keep up on my blog, but I need to get back to my scrapbooks. Can you just move to Germany so things can be like they were in Illinois? I think Char would do it. What do you think......