Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Go in your kitchen and make this now.

The best soup on the planet. This soup is like getting a hug from your grandmother. It's like putting on an old pair of jeans and finding a $20 in the pocket. It's like having your teenager spontaneously say, "I love you, Mom."

I've been on Pinterest for several years now, and I've tried many recipes that were good, but not great and a few that were apparently pinned by people with no taste buds. Believe me when I say that this soup lives up to the hype. It was every bit as delicious as I hoped it would be.  I made it with my daughter, who is learning to cook, so I didn't make any intentional changes to the recipe, but when we got down to the herb part, I didn't have any bay leaves on hand, nor have I ever had herbes de Provence in the spice cabinet. I may get some for next time, but this soup was fantastic without them. I wouldn't recommend omitting the gruyere at serving time, though.

I also didn't have any crusty artisan bread (as pictured) to go with it. Frankly, I'm not sure I'm equipped for that kind of bliss.

No comments: