Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Thanksgiving


Thanksgiving, originally uploaded by Wendy.A. (click to see full image)

Last night I attempted some digital scrapbooking. This morning I went back to traditional paper and was much, much happier with both the process and the results. One thing I am doing, though, is resizing and masking my photos on the computer and then printing them out at home. The good thing about doing that is that I can crop the pictures *and* make them the size I want. When I order photos, I can't do that as easily. (Well, I could, but it would require me to know what I wanted to do with each picture before I uploaded it. I don't think I can maintain a Creative Vision long enough for the photos to ship here, etc.) The bad thing about resizing, masking and printing at home is that a) I am using an insane amount of ink and b) I don't think the quality is as good. It may be the photo paper I'm printing on; I don't know.

Anyway, about this particular layout: today's challenge was to follow a sketch she had posted. Having the layout predetermined really made the whole process super-easy, especially since I was able to use any photos I wanted with the aforementioned masking/resizing technique. If I had been trying to use photos from the stack on my desk, it would have been much harder to find pictures that I wanted that also worked size-wise.

Y'all have a wonderful day and I'll see you tomorrow. :)

No comments: