Monday, March 30, 2009

Daybook for March 30, 2009

For March 30, 2009

Outside my Window...the famous DC cherry blossoms are supposed to peak this week. It's gorgeous.

I am thinking...about how ridiculous it is to update a blog just twice in a month. A month. I really have to do better.

From the learning rooms... We're still working our way through the states. I think Will was getting a little bored with it, but we've spent a few days on Kentucky and Daniel Boone so maybe the little break will do him good.

I am thankful for...
having so much time to spend with Will and Katie.

From the kitchen...I have been craving pie for the last few days and this morning I woke up craving apples, so that seems reason enough to make apple pie! I'm also throwing together some french bread to round out the pasta that's becoming our standard Monday-night dinner. (The irony there is that we have pasta because it's easy and last-minute. What is it in my personality that needs to complicate "easy and last-minute"?!)

I am wearing...blue jeans and a red top.

I am reading...various homeschooling and time-management books. I would probably be more satisfied if I sat down and read ONE time-management book cover-to-cover. I'm also reading two books on Emergent Christianity, a topic that makes my brain cramp.

I am hoping...for wisdom.

I am creating...Easter eggs for the church egg hunt. Well, not creating them; but none of the prompts start off, "I am stuffing candy into..."

I am hearing...Katie stepping deliberately heel-toe, heel-toe on the hardwood floor. I can tell by the way she's walking that she's wearing her patent-leather Sunday shoes, which she calls her "high heels."

Around the house....beds are made, dishes are done, rugs and carpets are vacuumed and bathrooms are sparkling. There's a little pile of junk on top of the fireplace but that's next on my list. Will and Katie are not quite sure what to think about all the cleaning.

Some of my favorite things...Will's crazy sense of humor, Katie's cuddles, Scott's shoulders, strawberry anything, a letter in the mail, sandwiches from Delicious Temptations, especially those with avocado, a brand-new tube of mascara

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...The things I know about so far: homeschool, TaeKwonDo, ballet, church, writing co-op, doctor's appointment. I have a feeling a few more somethings will pop up. I think I have a scrapbooking opportunity coming up in the next couple of weeks, so I need to download/upload/order some pictures.

Here's a picture I'm sharing with you:
I think cherry blossoms are just so beautiful!

Please visit Peggy's blog, The Simple Woman, to read more Daybook entries.

No comments: