Monday, November 03, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook



For November 3, 2008...

Outside my Window... it's quiet and dark, but hopefully it will be a nice clear day because we're going sailing this afternoon.

I am thinking...about the internet and wondering if the positive/negative scales are tipping too far to the negative side.

From the learning rooms... Katie has a little more work to do on her "Xx Fox" unit. Will is going to be doing some science experiments with yeast that I think he will find interesting. (Would make perfect sense to make bread this week, but I'll have to see when we could squeeze it in.)

I am thankful for...
frequent flyer miles.

From the kitchen...I'm thinking a nice cozy breakfast of oatmeal and toast. For dinner I am making Red Beans & Rice with cornbread and blackberry cobbler for dessert. (My father-in-law's favorite, according to Scott. It's usually not my nature to be suspicious, but I happen to know that blackberry cobbler also rates pretty high on Scott's list of favorites. Coincidence??)

I am wearing...jeans and a red long-sleeved T-shirt.

I am reading...I'm not reading anything at the moment, but I did sneak a book for myself onto my last Amazon order. It's called When Children Love to Learn: A Practical Application of Charlotte Mason's Philosophy Today.

I am hoping...that everything comes together and I'll be ready to go on the scrapping weekend. (Well, I'm ready now; it's my "stuff" I'm a little worried about!)

I am creating...a plan for the holidays. Then I'll just work the plan and everything will be smooth and stress-free. Or so I keep telling myself.

I am hearing...Katie is talking to herself ("She said yes; she said yes; she said yes," over and over and over again.) and Will is doing something loud upstairs.

Around the house...my father-in-law is in town visiting us, so I've been doing the minimum (even by my standards!) around the house. I think I have two loads of laundry downstairs that need to be folded. (It could be a lot worse, though!)

One of my favorite things....being in a bookstore with time to browse.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...Swimming is over--YAY!! Tuesdays are going to be so much less draining, no pun intended. And I'm leaving Thursday for a long weekend of scrapbooking so it's going to be a quick week!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

This is a tea-towel embroidered by Scott's 92-year-old grandmother. She had done a half-dozen or so with different clusters of fruit, but I got the strawberry one because she knows about my affinity for strawberries.

Please visit Peggy's blog, The Simple Woman, to read more Daybook entries.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Your long weekend of scrapbooking sounds awesome!! I'd love to do that :)

DebD said...

lovely tea-towel...what a sweet thing to receive from family. Enjoy your visit with family.

Laurie said...

I've been wondering the same thing about the internet. You'll notice I'm not updating my blog as frequently either. I think I'm spending too much time online....