Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook, August 19

Thank you, Peggy, for hosting the Simple Woman's Daybook!

For Today...

Outside my Window...We're having a truly beautiful late-summer day. I love that the weather is cooling off; I'm looking forward to fall!

I am thinking...the grapes I'm snacking on are really delicious!!

I am thankful for...Katie's tender heart, Will's sense of humor, Scott's commissary shopping, unlimited long distance, packages that will be coming in the mail

From the kitchen...last night--I've already bragged on this to some people--I made the most rock-your-world Chinese Orange Chicken ever! So tonight we're having easy spaghetti and meatballs. (The meatballs and sauce are already in the crockpot, because we're about to go swimming and we won't have long to eat before it's time to head back out to TaeKwonDo.)

I am wearing...a black knit skirt and pink shirt with sandals.

I am reading...Anger: Handling a Powerful Emotion in a Healthy Way by Gary Chapman. Yes, still. It's not easy reading, but has definitely been worth the time investment.

I am hoping...a few of the people I've left messages for this morning will call back tonight!

I am hearing...Katie is finishing up her schoolwork behind me. And singing a song about it.

I am creating...a new plan.

Around the house...there is some laundry that needs attention or I will be wearing this black knit skirt again tomorrow!

One of my favorite things...is pasta with pesto.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...tomorrow is a blur of meetings. (Seriously, what stay-at-home mom has meetings all day? Makes no sense.) We'll be wrapping up swim lessons on Thursday and I end the week with a Dinner Done session. No plans for the weekend...yet!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you... sorry, no picture today. I'll have one ready next week.

No comments: