Sunday, February 24, 2008

Menu Plan Monday


Did you miss me last week? ;) With 3/4 of us sick as dogs, family dinner went out the window. When it started to look like we might, in fact, survive, I sent Scott to the commissary with the original grocery list I made just before falling ill. So here's what's on the menu for this week:

Monday - Mozzarella Pesto Chicken (new recipe. I'll share it next week if it's worthy.)

Tuesday - Roast beef, carrots & potatoes (Since Will earned his blue belt in Tae Kwon Do, his class time changed, so it looks like I'll be going back to crock-pot meals every Tuesday) I always use roast to "feed the freezer" so look for roast again in a couple of weeks.

Wednesday - out to eat (maybe. Just typing that made my stomach feel a bit uneasy.)

Thursday - Orange Chicken

Friday - Teriyaki Beef

Saturday - Spinach Artichoke Tortillini

Sunday - Breakfast for dinner. (I am getting a little tired of this tradition. I need to find a way to shake it up a little. Ideas? Green eggs and ham?)

Don't forget you can find LOTS more dinner ideas at Laura's blog www.orgjunkie.com
Have a great week, everybody!

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Your menu sounds great! I loooovvee orange chicken! When we lived in England we started using their tradition of "Sunday dinner" (which was actually lunch).... roasted chicken, 3 veggies, yorkshire pudding. Yummmm

Unknown said...

I'm getting tired of the breakfast scene too, but it's an easy way out and I love easy way out's. This week we are having mix 'n' match omelette's with toast. I think I'm just going to throw some deli meat out there, and let 'em pick how they want it. Your week looks tasty!

Vickie said...

Wendy,
The skillet lasagna was GREAT! I put an update on my blog about it. We will be adding it to the rotation.

Your tortilleni looks great! I am glad I found you! Thanks for your comment today and for visiting!
Blessings,
Vickie@PursuingSimplicity

Anonymous said...

I think that everything with pesto in it is worthy; please post if it turns out :)

Maybe a quiche for the breakfast for dinner thing? I don't know, I could eat waffles 24/7. And hash browns - home made with onions and cheese. Or from Waffle House, either way...

Anonymous said...

Mike always makes biscuits and gravy when he does breakfast (if it isn't pancakes). That's kind of different.

Amy