Thursday, December 20, 2007

Suddenly I get it!

Katie performing a "snow ballet" (her term)


I recently figured out that Katie's love language is physical touch. When I started "speaking her language" to her, it was absolutely amazing to me to watch her soak it up. I let her sit in my lap as much as possible, I stroke her hand when I hold it, I caress her sweet little face as we're talking. She's happier than I've ever seen her. She skips most of the time instead of walking. She'll play, and then come find me to say, "I just wanted to give you a hug, Mommy." I'm careful now to be the last one to let go. It's truly amazing.

If you haven't read any of Gary Chapman's Love Language books, I highly, highly, highly recommend them. I'm going to reread the ones I have over the next few weeks and probably post more on this topic.

Katie posing with one of the Christmas cookies she decorated. Aren't her eyes pretty?

No comments: