Monday, December 24, 2007

My family is so funny!

I was telling Scott last night about this story and his response was this: "(sigh) They always say the first year is the hardest." It wasn't at all what I expected him to say, and he was so deadpan that I just fell over laughing.

Katie has a new expression that is cracking me up, too. When she asks for something and gets told no, she pauses for a second, thinking deeply, and then the solution comes to her: "Super-please, Mommy?"

And, finally, a zinger from William: We had gone to lunch after church and the waiter gave us the standard, "Hi, I'm Joe and I'll be taking care of you today." William looked up at him and said, "Yeah, good luck with that. We're more trouble than you'd expect." I didn't see that one coming, and from the look on Joe's face, he didn't either.

By the way, today's post is brought to you by the letter A and the punctuation mark colon. (I don't know why I'm suddenly using it so much.)

No comments: