Monday, December 10, 2007

More Baking in the Button Factory

My birthday was last Sunday, and while Katie & I were at ballet on Saturday, Will and Scott made me a birthday cake. Remember: "Safety first, when using the big mixer."

We let the kids use the appliances, the stove, some power tools, etc., but only Daddy gets to light the bonfire:
Shield your eyes from the glare of all those candles and tell me: doesn't that cake look gooooood? When I cut into it, it was half yellow cake and half chocolate, swirled together, with this incredible marshmallow-chocolate frosting. Oh, yes, my darlings, it was delicious.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It does look good. I shudder to think what would happen if my husband and kids tried to make me a cake. you're a lucky gal!!

Tip Junkie said...

That cake looks sooo yummy!!

Joyful Days said...

Love the safety glasses...goggles...

Happy yummy birthday!

Susan said...

That is awesome! The cake looks incredible....a far cry from what you, me, and Daddy turned out for Mother about that age.