Monday, October 01, 2007

Meal Plan Monday


Week of October 1:
Monday--Crunchy chicken, mac & cheese, apple slices

Tuesday --Lime grilled Shrimp and black bean soup (from Rachael Ray's Express Lane cookbook) My son tried shrimp for the first time a few weeks ago and has decided that there is nothing more delicious on the entire planet.

Wednesday--Roast (from the freezer) with sweet potato casserole for Will

Thursday--Chicken Tacos (easy crockpot meal: chicken breasts and a jar of salsa in the crockpot all day) with refried beans from the freezer

Friday--homemade pizza

Saturday--We have a babysitter coming!

Sunday--Breakfast for dinner*

Week of October 8:
Monday--Chicken Parmesan I actually use my sister's recipe, which is just a tiny bit different from this one; her recipe doesn't call for milk, and she uses tomato sauce with basil and garlic added, not jarred spaghetti sauce.

Tuesday--Shrimp Scampi, also from Rachael Ray

Wednesday--7-up Steak (Cut a 2 pound-ish chuck roast into bite-sized pieces. Spray a casserole dish with Pam and add the meat, then sprinkle with an envelope of dry onion soup mix. Next add a can of cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup over the top. Finally pour 1 cup of Sprite (1 CUP, not 1 can) over the top. Cover the casserole dish and bake at 275 for four hours without peeking. At the end of 4 hours, take it out and let it rest for 30 minutes while you make rice to go with it. Make this recipe; you will love it!)

Thursday--Taco Pasta (just your basic taco dinner, but served over rotini pasta instead of in taco shells.)

Friday--Fiery Fettucine (the sauce is 1 small jar of roasted red peppers, drained and pureed, 1 cup of heavy cream and cajun seasoning to taste. Cook over medium heat until it thickens--don't let it boil--and add sliced sausage. When the sausage is warmed through, serve over pasta.)

Saturday--Raspberry Grilled Chicken (this has been on the menu a couple of times already and I have yet to actually make it!)

Sunday--Breakfast for dinner*

*I had planned to have salmon for dinner last night, but the commissary didn't have any that looked good to me. We punted and had pancakes, eggs and bacon. Scott and Will both said that they wanted to make it a Sunday night tradition. So now I have two carry-over meals for the week of October 15--pesto salmon and lasagne, which will be waiting happily in the freezer.

Thanks again to Laura at I'm An Organizing Junkie for hosting Menu Plan Monday

6 comments:

Krista said...

Yummm Shrimp Scampi! What time should I be there? Everything looks great. Thanks for visiting me.

Mama Nirvana said...

I'll definitely try the 7-up steak. I love your ideas!

Amy

Joyful Days said...

Two weeks worth! I'm impressed. All of it sounds wonderful!

Anne said...

Looks great! I liked your post below about the shirts- I've got a boy here wearing a dinosaur shirt today! I hope you get to try all of your menu items! :)

Adria said...

You've inspired me!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. And OF COURSE you can do a mini-challenge! Let me know how it goes!