Monday, September 17, 2007

Menu Plan Monday, week of September 17

Monday--breakfast-for-dinner. I'm thinking migas. (Scott's working late tonight)

Tuesday--Spaghetti & Meatballs

Wednesday--Scott's favorite crock-pot chicken, broccoli

Thursday--Marinated flank steak with baked potatoes, maybe an apple pie; we're starting to enjoy fall weather and apple pie sounds really good right now.

Friday--Red beans & rice, spinach and cornbread

Saturday--probably eating out, but if that falls through, we'll make pizza.

Sunday--Crunchy chicken, especially for Katie. (Slice chicken breasts into strips, dip in melted butter then in crushed cornflakes and bake. You can add parmesan cheese or spices to the cornflakes if you want.)

I've been finding lots of good recipes over at Laura's blog "I'm An Organizing Junkie" through Menu Plan Mondays that I'm going to begin to introduce to my family. Go check it out, and if you see something yummy, report back!

9 comments:

Heather said...

your menu looks great. Yummy. Have a great week.The crockpot chicken looks great.

Kimberly said...

The crockpot chicken looks yummy! I love my crockpot, don't know what I'd do without it.

Mama Nirvana said...

I have a flank steak in the fridge -- what's your marinade?

Amy

Nicole said...

Great menu! I love migas!!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE red beans and rice. I'll be there around 6pm, K? Thanks for visiting my site!

Anonymous said...

My girls LOVE when we do breakfast for dinner (usually when my hubby works late, too!)

Growing Hearts said...

You are so good! I need to get my butt in gear and do menus! When I do them, life is so much easier. Tonight, I had nothing to fix, so I found some chicken breasts buried WAAAAAAY back in the freezer. I cooked them on the George Foreman with a little BBQ sauce. I asked DH to taste them. (sigh) We had to throw them out because they tasted freezer burned. So we ended up with hot dogs.

Joyful Days said...

That looks like you will have a great week of dining!!

Reighnie said...

I love baking apple pies in the fall. It just seems so right!