Monday, June 04, 2007

Just brings a tear to my eye

You hear the best stuff when you read William his bedtime story. It can take forever to get through the book because he likes to add commentary after...every...stinking...sentence. It can really get comical. I asked him once, "Do you think you're even physically capable of not saying anything? Just one page, no comments?" Serious as a heart attack, he answers, "Well, let's see." After every sentence, we would just dissolve into giggles because he was practically vibrating with this Need To Say Something.

Anyway, I can't even remember what we were reading last night, but for some reason, he commented on one of the characters' hair. It reminded me of his Special Friend, Georgi, and I asked if she had curly hair. (I wasn't teasing him, I honestly couldn't remember. Neither of us has seen Georgi since last May.) William got this dreamy quality to his voice and said, "No, her hair goes down, like a waterfall...just straight down." This is the most romantic six year old in the world. Sometime when it's not 1:00 in the morning, I'll have to find and post his plan for "Getting a Girl," circa 2005. It's a riot, in a very poignant way.

No comments: