Wednesday, August 02, 2006

So much rattling around in my brain

I've been such a crabapple today that I'm getting on my own nerves. Do you ever feel just overwhelmed? That's how I feel right now. Not just because I have two or three little things simmering, but also because people close to me have big, crazy things going on and it's all on my mind in a big way. Michelle's 2 year old had his tonsils out today. (Everything went fine but everytime I think about somebody operating on that baby I just about have an anxiety attack.) Lona has Stuff. Laurie's in the middle of a scary health thing. Laurie was also telling me about a family of young children she knows of in foster care--it was the most heartbreaking thing I've heard in a long time.

Everybody just seems to be having a tough time lately. Luckily Maria put together a night out for us. The four of us (Maria, Angie, Lona & me) went to Chevy's--yes, Angie Abernathy in a Mexican restaurant!!-- and then to see The Devil Wears Prada. It was best when it was just completely superficial; when it wanted to teach me something I glazed over. Everybody looked fabulous, though, and I realized that my wardrobe is completely deficient, especially in the areas of acessories, high heels and the color black. I should probably pick up four or five new handbags tomorrow, too. Yeah, right...give me a bookstore to a clothing store any day.

I am planning to spend tomorrow and Friday getting things ready for our trip to Little Rock. I should have big news when I get back, unless I'm able to post updates from my parents' house. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Mama Nirvana said...

Okay, "big news"? Now I'm going to be on pins and needles! Sounds like you have a great group of friends. You have inspired me to go to a movie once a month -- something that I have not done in almost a year.
-Amy